Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sad




I don't know if you can tell, but someone is really sick in our house.

Sick and sad.

With a virus.

A virus called Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease.

Uh, WHAT NOW?!  

**cue me freaking out for a few seconds before the doctor can explain to me it's not the same as Hoof and Mouth disease which affects cattle**It's a good thing he stopped me because I was about to further freak out because I don't know what Hoof and Mouth is either but was fairly sure it was akin to Mad Cow Disease or AIDS**

All it means is she has a horrible rash all over her body, and a shitty fever.  And since it's a virus there's nothing to treat it, and I'm all, "Can we have some antibiotics anyway?  And perhaps some other prescription so I can feel good about leaving here?" Because seriously, your daughter has a crazy rash and feels like she's about to burst into flames and your doctor prescribes juice and A LOLLIPOP?  A lollipop?  What are you, Willy Wonka?! GIVE ME SOME DRUGS MAN!!!

But he didn't.  And he also told me to calm down.  So, that happened.

So, I'm too tired to write more about it, but basically a sick kid is the saddest thing ever.  





Sad on day one.



Sadder on day two.
(I look the saddest here because on top of being six months pregnant and having a horribly sick child, we also canceled our cable.  Goodbye fun!)


No comments:

Post a Comment