Monday, March 18, 2013

You Know You're Pregnant When...

...the plate you were balancing on your (very handy) table-belly goes flying off onto the floor, spraying your (very healthy) nacho dinner all over the floor because the baby in there decided it didn't want to be used as a shelf and kicked the sucker right off.

Also, in unrelated news, Adeline has a new fun thing to do with me.  She always follows me into the bathroom, but apparently she just noticed certain parts because the last week or so she'll walk up to me while I'm sitting there and peer at me for a second before getting a scared look on her face and shaking her hand at my lady parts while saying, "Uh uh. No!"

Nothing boosts your self-esteem like your one and a half year old being afraid of your vagina!

I've tried to tell her she has one too, and they're ok!  Vaginas are good!  But she seems skeptical.

Anyway, she's doing much better now!  No more rash or fever, just back to being cute and causing trouble.





Learning her letters and numbers through osmosis.


Just as a side note, she sees her dad naked a lot too (we are not allowed to go to the bathroom or shower by ourselves), yet she is totally unfazed by his parts.  Again, my self-esteem is through the roof at this point.  Especially because weird things happen down there when you're pregnant.  I'm not gonna go into details but it rhymes with vericose veins ON PLACES IT SHOULDN'T BE thanks to the pressure of a baby.  

I thought about not mentioning that, but then I thought, "Jeeze, I wish people had been a little more honest on their blogs about what being pregnant was like so I didn't think it was all sunshine and daisies."  More on that tomorrow.

For now - here's some pictures of the lady being very Montana-y, and darling.


Cowboy boots on, ready to ride.



\

Early morning ride with her trusty steed, Rody.




Wearing an eagle mask as a hat.  Because real hats are for pansies.  She wears endangered birds!




This is not Addie.  This is a poodle at the winter fair dyed as a flamboyant police officer.





No comments:

Post a Comment