Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CAR!

So, I don't know if other moms have this problem, but now that Adeline can walk and thinks she's Miss Independent she REFUSES to ride in the cart at the grocery store.  Like screaming, kicking, makes her body go stiff then limp refuses.  So, basically I end up letting her run around the grocery store yelling "Mama!" and "COOKIE!" until someone brings her back to me.

That's not true, though she does yell those things and people do bring her to me even though I'm always five feet away.  But it makes shopping a reeeeeeally slow process, because while I just wanna get my butter and get out of there, Adeline would like to inspect each and every item, take it off the shelf and then go back a few minutes later to make sure it's still there.

Until I discovered these:






Girlfriend is so in love with the shopping cart car she asks for it all day and all night, and when we pull up to the grocery store her yell of "CAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!" is so deafening I'm pretty sure the baby in my belly is covering her ears.

Same goes for the quarter operated car things at the mall.











And any seat that is different and forward facing, but attached to a cart.





 Real car rides?  Not as thrilling.






Getting her out of the car on the other hand?  That's back to kicking, screaming, I-hate-life kind of tantrums, but at least she's happy during the shopping trip.  I'm tempted to steal one and use it as her stroller because she's starting to put the kibosh on that thing too.  Can you picture it?  Hugely preggo me pushing a clanking, noisy grocery cart down icy roads, collecting things in my cart just because I can?

Well, I can.  I think that might be something for my next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment