Wednesday, December 3, 2014

So Close


Last week I was 31 weeks!



Whoa!

And baby a (the bottom baby) was head down!  Yay!  That is good news, because that is the baby that needs to be head down so I don't have to have a c-section.  So as long as that little crazy stays that way, vaginal delivery in front of a room of twenty it is!  Exactly what I want!  Apparently even my pediatrician has to be there.  I really like him, but never thought I'd have to be naked in the worst way in front of him.  I think the first time I met him my boobs were out and I was trying to figure out how to nurse Addie by repeatedly shoving my nipple in her nose and yelling, "Smell that?!  That's what you need for life!  Latch dang it!  LATCH!!!"  So that will be fun!

Sidenote: No one tells you how hard nursing is the first time.  It's hard, people.  It seems like in the movies babies come out and are immediately clean and drinking like a four month old, but most of the time they come out bloody and ready to latch just wrong enough to make one of the most sensitive parts of your body blistered and bloody.

I did better with Tula, and hope to do even better with the boys.  Two at one time - how hard could that be? (she says with incredible sarcasm)  (have I mentioned how FANTASTIC it is I have a mother who has only had twins???  to her this is no big deal.  to me, it's insane.)





32 weeks!  



Now I'm 32 weeks!  Which is really great news, because that means I can have the babies here in Bozeman!  If I had gone into labor before that I would have had to be flown to a bigger town because of the NICU or something.  All I heard was "32 weeks, blah blah blah" and then I zoned out and focused all my will on keeping these babies in because the last thing I need is to be in labor and on a helicopter.  Motion sickness  and labor is not a combo I want to experience.  That and being hundreds of miles away from home.  Oh and having preemies  Details!

Unfortunately, I let my guard down the day I hit 32 weeks and had an uncomfortable few hours of braxton hicks that scared the ever loving sh*t out of me.  Not today!  I kept screaming.  I have too much laundry to do!  And I haven't caught up on Downton Abbey yet!

So, I'm taking it very easy from here on out.  Mama needs to make it through Christmas dang it!

But first, Thanksgiving!


Addie's class put together a Thanksgiving feast for the parents.  Cue me sobbing into my turkey soup, and squeezing Addie so hard she told me I was sort of squishing her.



Josh took the girls on a Thanksgiving Day sled ride.
They could have gone all day!




We went to a wedding and the girls were a huge hit.
Tula somehow talked half the guests into showing her the pictures on their phone.  Girlfriend is persuasive.



My tiny photobomber!  She is so darling I can't stand that face!



Addie is doing magic on her snow mountain, in a summer dress, and a sweater I had to bribe her to wear.  "Elsa doesn't wear a sweater mom!"  Elsa doesn't do a lot of things!  When you can freeze the sweater from my hands we'll talk.




The second Thanksgiving dinner was done we put up the Christmas stuff.  And you can't tell from this picture, but my dad made a star for our tree like the one we had when we were kids.  It's red and green lights that alternate going back and forth and the circuit board is right on the front, exposed on purpose.  It sounds weird, but it is quite possibly the best gift I have ever, ever received.  My heart is bursting with childhood memories.




Just a few more weeks.  We can make it.  We WILL make it.  I don't have this stubborn Atha blood for no reason.  If it can't work to keep babies in your womb 'til the new year what good is it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment