Monday, December 22, 2014

35 Weeks!!!

THIRTY FIVE!

That's the average that twins are born, and we made it!  And we're making it past Christmas dang it!

I know I say that every time, but positive thinking works!  I once had a chiropractor who told me she was sick of shaving under her arms so she did some serious positive thinking about it and now she is completely hairless.  So, there you go.  (She also used a little magic drum to feel what was wrong with me, so there's also that.  However, she was usually right.  Do I think she was a little bat sh*t crazy?  Yes, yes I do.  But I still saw her for a like two years, because I like crazy.  And magic.)




35 weeks!
And yes, I am wearing one of the two shirts I've worn in every picture the last three months, because that's all I can fit in and I refuse to buy new maternity clothes.  Those shirts and my three pairs of yoga pants are on heavy rotation.  



Not only did my chiropractor use a tiny drum (which she didn't play, she just touched - it was all very technical), but then when she found the problem spot on you, she used this little thing that looked like a wine opener and when she pulled something it made this incredibly loud clicking noise on your back or neck or whatever she was healing.  And dang it all if I didn't walk out of there feeling better.  Which is probably just a very good example of how mind works over matter in a maje way.  Now I plan on not feeling the pain of child birth with tiny blessed cymbals and Josh's hypnosis.

Except I will feel it.  BECAUSE THERE WILL BE TWO BABIES COMING OUT OF MY VAGINA ON THE SAME DAY.

Cymbals be damned, I'm thinking really hard about that epidural this time.

I didn't get an epidural with my other two, and it worked out just fine (even the part where I screamed, "Give me drugs!" and then tried to bite Josh), but this time everyone (the medical professionals) are sort of insisting I get one because of various reasons that seem to make a lot of sense, but I still am feeling really weird about it.  I am not good about not being in control of my body.  I know it sounds crazy but I'd rather feel the pain and know what's happening than just be sitting there numb while a person or two is trying to escape my body.  

The reasons my doctor is highly suggesting it, again, make a ton of sense, ie; what if baby b doesn't turn and she has to REACH INTO MY UTERUS and pull him out?  Or what if baby a comes out fine but baby b needs some sort of extra stuff and they need anesthesia already in there?  That's the one that worries me the most.  And of course no one can know what's going to happen, and ultimately it's my decision so . . . that's good because we all know how great I am at making decisions **coughIstillcan'tdecideaboutmyhaircough**.  

It's so weird because in some areas I was like born to decide things and be all in charge, and in a few certain areas I'm all - maybe I want a mohawk?

And in typing this, I just decided, my body and my babies are DEFINITELY something I was born to be in charge of and so it shall be!  And I will decide when I'm ready!  Take that person who wants to put a needle in my SPINE.



*end weird rant*


Sorry!  I've got a lot on my mind.


In other news, we took the most incredible Christmas picture yesterday for our Christmas cards!  I die.






I mean.  It's amazing.




Tula is not cool with Santa.  AT ALL.





Also, Uncle Andy and Auntie Christina and James came over last night, and since the girls were dressing up, he had to also.  I think he's happier about it than anybody else.



Tula was a little better with the reindeer.  A little stunned they were real, but at least she's not screaming bloody murder at them.



Addie is ready for the reindeer rodeo!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure carrying twins up until your 35th week of pregnancy was difficult. Plus, the excitement about the twins' arrival must've rotated all thoughout your home, once you've reached the estimated time of their arrival. In any case, I'm glad you walked out of your chiropractor's office feeling better than ever. Congratulations on having a healthy set of twins, Amy! All the best! :)

    Derek Sparks @ Forgey Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete