Thursday, August 28, 2014

18 Weeks!

I'm eighteen weeks preggo with twins right now. Which when I say out loud is really crazy, because that's pretty close to halfway, and that is that much closer to having four kids under four.

FOUR.

KIDS.

UNDER.

FOUR.

Auggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm gonna disclaimer this whole post with - of course I'm blessed and thrilled to be having kids, I am very lucky. I really am. And I love my girls more than anything and more than anything I ever thought I could love, however. . . Never in life did I think I'd have four kids under four. That's like something people do on TV. In the country. In 1876.

So, yeah. I'm terrified basically. But luckily I don't have time to be scared because second trimester hormones have taken over loud and strong! No more constant puking, instead I am a roller coaster of tremendous fun and insane downer-ish-ness.

The other day I giggled so hard at everything Josh asked me if I was stoned, which of course made me laugh harder and say, "I just love you so much!" Something he hasn't heard since we found out I was pregnant because you know what you love when you're throwing up all day for months on end? Nothing. NOTHING AT ALL.

Then yesterday I woke up all sad and depressed and called my friend who I knew was at work, just so I could leave her a message that vaguely went something crazy like this: "Hi, it's me, I know you're at work but I just miss you and wanted to hear your voice *sob* even if it was just on your voicemail *sob*  and now I see how pathetic that sounds!  Don't call me back, I'm fine.  I'm just having a breakdown.  But not really I'm just pregnant." And so on and so forth, insert lots of unintelligible cry-talking and some ill-advised advice giving on child bearing.

And then today, I cannot stop kissing my kids and the dog and anyone within five feet from me because I love everything.

So, things are fun up in here.  Pregnancy - it's like your own fun example of what having multiple personalities would be like!



18 weeks!



Napoleon Dynamite sigh because (luckily you can't really tell here) but my belly button is out of control.  One of Adeline's favorite things to do right now is lift of my shirt and say, "Lemme check that big ol' belly.  Is this the baby?!" while she pokes my belly button and then laughs hysterically.


No comments:

Post a Comment