Monday, August 25, 2014

Tell Him About The Twinkie

Three things Josh has said to me (in total seriousness) in the last twenty four hours which are making me question my decision to . . . lots of things with him.  Among them: bear children, and live with.

 "I really like the way short shorts look on my body."
He said putting on shorts shorter than I have ever worn.


"Mmmmm.  Mmmm hmmm.  So, good."
He mumbled (to himself) about the eggs he had just made himself.  This may not seem like such a crime, but like he was in love with the cooking he had done for himself, so much so that he would not stop talking to himself about how good it was.  Not in a way to be humorous, he didn't know I was listening in, but simply because he had astounded himself.


"I have never seen Ghostbusters."


That last one speaks for itself.  Who's never seen Ghostbusters?!  (probably my friend Alex, but that's because she's Romanian and has never seen anything but all the National Lampoon's Vacation movies, despite the fact she's been in the U.S. since she was 3 years old.)  Ghostbusters was only like one of the best movies of our time!  I'm still afraid Sigourney Weaver is going to be hovering above a bed when I walk into strange rooms.







Speaking of supernatural forces, Tula is turning out to be quite the little demon.

In a good way!

I seriously have never seen a happier baby in my life.  And she's always been that way.  She came out of the womb smiling.  It made waking up in the middle of the night with her so much easier because she was always happy to be awake, and she's just as happy now that she's 15 months old.  However, she's also discovered screaming.  And the word "no".  Her personality goes from ecstatic to screaming banshee in about .0789 seconds.  As much as she is gloriously thrilled to be alive, she can also be a total jackal if she can't have that piece of apple RIGHTTHISFINGSECOND!  Then as soon as you hand it to her, she's all smiles and sunshine again.

She's like a little traveling, two foot circus. (of terror).  Just kidding.  (of joy).  (and of screams).

And she's fantastic.


Man they kill me with their darlingness.
This is about two seconds before Tula screamed "No!" shoved Addie out of the way and started hauling ass toward the ravine.  A minute later Addie tackled her to the ground and they were both giggling again.  Chase and Crush is their new favorite game.



Happy because she just woke up.



Happy because she saw Mama was still here.  She turned away long enough to grab her blankie and was thrilled I had not vanished into thin air.



Happy she has a tongue.



Happy because the dog sneezed.



This one is blurry because it caught the exact moment she goes from happy to homicidal because I didn't pour her milk fast enough!







No comments:

Post a Comment