Monday, October 14, 2013

Halloween

I don't think you really know how much you're turning into your parents until you actually become a parent yourself.

One Halloween my mom completely forgot about it until that day and ended up sewing balls of cotton thread onto our footie pajamas and painting our cheeks with lipstick and called us all clowns.

This year the holiday is slowly creeping up on me and though I keep thinking about it, it doesn't mean I've actually done anything about it.  It's just how my life goes right now - I think really hard about how I need to fold the laundry, and yet when I look at the pile again it's still there.  Weird.  

Anyway, in an effort to get on the ball I asked Addie what she wanted to be for Halloween the other day and she said, "Saturday."

So, that's gonna be tricky to figure out.

Tula on the other hand was easy.  I've already got her costume done.  Parenting win!



She's the old guy from Up!



I love this movie so much.




Addie might just go as a teenager because that's what she's been acting like lately.  Sassy, sleepy, and eating everything she can.  Lately when I've been going in to get her after her nap she refuses to get out of bed yelling, "No! Addie's restin' right now."  

"You are? But you just took a three hour nap."

"Addie's sleepin'. Mommy get Addie new blankie."

"Excuse me?"

"Please. Mommy do it. Now."


She then asked specifically for "Auntie Becky's blankie." 
She looks so small and cuddly in this picture.


Until you get close up and realize she's scowling at me because I daned to try to sing to her.  God forbid.  How embarrassing, Mom.



And hour later she was finally ready to get up and be cute.
Mood swings.  Well, hello being a girl.  Way to show up early!



Josh is thinking about going as a bald eagle (ha) and having Tula be part of his baby birds, but I'm not sure.  The Up costume is too cute!




One more time for the cheap seats!



I pretty much almost explode with love and want to punch something when I look at this picture because I love it so much.







No comments:

Post a Comment