Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Comics!

So, with the impending arrival of these two other babies, I'm starting to realize how much free time I actually have.  Of course right now it feels like zero, just like it did before Tula came and I only had one child, and then she got here and I was all "Holy cow, two!?  Who can manage to brush their teeth? One was so easy!". And just like I did before Adeline came when I thought I was so busy with my non-kid life and my ability to do whatever the heck I wanted yet totally took for granted, and then she came and I was like, "A baby? I can never leave the house again!"

My point is, no matter where you are in life, or how many kids you do or do not have, you tend to fill it up, and free time always feels like a thing people just talk about.  A myth.  The great Sasquatch of your life.

Buuuuuut!  This time I'm trying to not take things for granted.  I know what a time consuming thing adding more babies is about to be, so I'm trying to treasure the two hours I get all to myself during the day when my girls nap at the same time (miracle!).  And when Josh is all, "It's 11pm, go to sleep!" I'm all, "But when else do I have time to watch Don't Be Tardy?" And he's all, "What's that?" And I"m all, "It's a spinoff of Real Housewives of Atlanta, with Kim and she has all these wigs. . ." and then he's snoring.

But really, her wigs.  I love them.

So, in an effort to enjoy myself I've started doing a little bit of drawing again.  For fun.  So once a week (I hope) I'm going to try to post some little drawings slash comic-y stuff!

This week is called - Bathtime: Pre-Children.

Next week will be - Bathtime: Post-Children.




(May not be suitable for people who don't want to see a cartoon version of me in the bathtub.  Otherwise, enjoy!)


(Obviously, click to enlarge)






1 comment: