Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Singing In The Rain, At The Park, In The Bath, During Dinner, At Midnight When She Should Be Asleep

Oh my god you guys, Addie is really into singing right now.  And not like, "Oh she knows the ABC's how cute!" But like, "Oh, this is awkward."

Because she has moved on from cute children's songs to sad ballads.  And she does so completely tone deaf.  Much to the dissapointment of all who encounter her.

Today at the park, the very crowded, full of other humans with ears park, she began singing one of her sad ballads at the top of her lungs, and did not stop FOR THIRTY MINUTES.  She sang on the slide, she sang on the bridge, she sang when she tripped on fake dinosaur bones, "Annnnnd the salad!  I hurt my knee and I can't go oooooooooooon!  The salad and the swings and I said NO NAP TIME anymooooooooooore!"

And it's so darling.  It really is.

For about two minutes, and then you wish you had brought ear plugs with you.

And I say that in the most loving way, because I'm so happy she likes singing and is creative enough to try to come up with her own songs at just two and a half years old.  I'm no scientist (unlike my claim in my last post) but I really think this is a good thing - her singing songs.  And I don't want her to stop.  I just want her to not do it when anyone is awake.

Kidding.

Sort of.

I'm torn.  I love it and I wish it was a little quieter.  Even her father, King of Loud, has talks with her about how maybe she can tone it down a little?  Maybe?  Quiet voices?  No, you want to blast us with that one note about Tinkerbell wearing lipstick?  Ok, go ahead.

Unfotunately, I haven't been able to capture the real impassioned lyrics, but here's a little sample from the other morning.  Note, she's so moved by her own singing she has to hold onto the floor to contain her emotion.








Tula and her cousin James also like to get down to music.  They will one day be her back up dancers.



No comments:

Post a Comment