Monday, April 14, 2014

How I Know They're Mine

It's been so long since I've posted that when I went to type in the web address to write a new post I could not remember it for like three minutes.

But that's been happening a lot lately.  I made a sort of lent-y resolution to myself (I know lent is for giving stuff up, but I have no vices)(she says eating a huge thing of chocolate, downing her second Starbucks of the day and sniffing an unlit cigarette left at her house by recent visitors)(I'm not gonna smoke it, but I like to pretend I might!)(That thing is gonna be so soggy with my fake smoking it it's probably going to start growing things on it.)

Anyway.  So, I made a resolution to stop bumping into things, dropping things, losing things, and breaking things.  Basically to BE MORE AWARE of my body and what it was doing, because honestly, most of the time, like since birth, I walk around like a well-meaning bull in a china shop.  But my resolution has not helped me settle the f down when it comes to sharp edges of furniture.  It's like I get into a room and suddenly a magnetic pull draws me to the nearest corner where I jab some part of my body on it, reach down to soothe my injured body part, spilling the contents of my bag all over the floor, reach down even further to pick up the contents of my bag, drop my latte in just the right way so the lid comes off but miraculously no liquid spills out, and then drop my cell phone into my latte, thus making my morning about 99% on par with every other morning up in here.

It's like making the resolution hasn't solved anything, it's just made me more aware of how Jennifer Lawrence I am.  But in a not cute way.

So, basically, things have been a bit jangled around here.

But we did get a few well-deserved, and cherished sunny days which for a few minutes, makes it seem like it isn't going to snow tomorrow.






Loving the park.


We got fancy for the sun.



You know how I know Tula is mine?
She's so excited about that bagel.



Also loving the park.


You know how I know Addie is mine?
She never holds the binoculars the right way.
Also, she's wearing a skirt UNDER her dress.  Because you can't have enough poof.

No comments:

Post a Comment