Friday, April 25, 2014

Royalty

So, Addie is really into princesses.  Which is really proof that nature vs nurture and nature wins a lot of the time.  Like, I could not have pushed that girl more into trucks and dinosaurs and she woke up one morning all on her own and said, "There's something called Disney out there.  I sense it.  Mom!  Bring me a tiara!  Then tell me what a tiara is!"

Literally, it was that quick.

Now she's all, "Elsa!  Anna!  More skirts! Mom when are you going to get long hair!?"

Long hair is very important to her.  She wants her mom to be pretty, and she understands that I'm just barely eeking by with my current hair and this worries her.  Oh feminism!  I'm sorry my daughter hates you!

"Belle wears blue dress!  Tangled has yellow hair!  Cinderella has mouses.  Mommy I need mouses!"

And she sings into microphones, and puts on lipstick, and loooooves sparkly shoes, and ohmygodshesalreadyturningintohermother!

The best though was the other day when she, out of the cold blue, said, "Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Ariel's daddy is the king?"

"Yes he is."

"My daddy's not the king."

"No he's not."

"Is Ariel's mommy the king?"

"No, she's the queen."

"Oh."

". . . "

"My mommy's the queen."

"YES.  SHE.  IS."


There you go folks!  Once again, nature vs nurture and I did not nurture that at all!  Except for whispering it in her ear while she slept along with, "I love doing dishes for mommy, and I will not get pregnant in High School."




Yes, this is Easter, but honestly, girlfriend dresses up every day lately.  She's just that fancy.  And picky about her clothing.  The other day I suggested she wear jeans because it was snowing out and she cried for about two days.




She was so excited about Easter eggs this year!  Which made me excited about Easter eggs, which made her even more excited, and then we snowballed into excitement and hugged all the people ever!  Kids are so fun!



ANOTHER ONE!


Tula got some fun Easter action too with Dad.




She would not let me put her in a dress, but she couldn't figure out how to get the gigantic flower headband off so we compromised.



I mean.  I want to eat her effing face off.  She's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment