Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Never Again

Sometimes things seem really obvious, in hindsight, but at the time it's like this huge vortex of "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!"



Whaaaaaaaa?

So, lately Addie has been taking like two to three hours to fall asleep at nap time or at bedtime.  The good thing about her is she'll just play by herself in her room, but she's just taking forever to fall asleep.  And we were all :




Whaaaaaa?

Because everyone kept saying, This is the end of naps! She doesn't need a nap!  Trust me!

And I was all:



Whaaaaa?

I'm all about her changing and thriving, but giving up naptime?  NEVER!  She'll nap til she's 99, just like her mom.  You're never too old for naps, you energetic little fuckers.  Naps are my lifeline.  Naps are my savior.  Naps are the only time I can go to the bathroom by myself!!!

So, no.  I was not ready for that to be the answer.  And luckily, neither was she.  The day we tried no naps she did great until about 5pm when she had a major meltdown about not being able to sleep in the street in her sleeping bag.  I mean, we are such bastards.  Not letting her sleep in the street?  In her sleeping bag?!  THE HORROR.  Then at about 7:30 when I'd had enough and tried to put her to bed she screamed at me that she didn't have to pee while simultaneously peeing on me.

So, that was fun.

Anyway, turns out we scratched our heads for DAYS before we thought, "Maybe she shouldn't be having sugar right before bedtime."  A thought that should have come so fast it should have arrived before we even knew we had a sleeping problem, but it didn't.  


Whaaaa?

So, she gets no more juice, and no more popsicles and BAM!  She sleeps.  

LIKE MAGIC.

It's shocking how dumb having kids can make a person.  Or would be if I remembered to think about it.  Good thing I can't even remember if I have pants on right now or not.



So cute, we're worth the brain suckage.

No comments:

Post a Comment