Monday, September 24, 2012

Doctor's Visits

Now that she's walking we cannot get that little girl to stop.  Even when I put her in her crib for a nap she stands right up and has to do laps in it before she collapses into a heap from total walking exhaustion.  Last night she found a roll of toilet paper and decided to walk it around the house, like it was her pet or something.  She took that think from room to room at least a dozen times all extremely serious about the whole thing.  Like, "Ok toilet paper, this is mom and dad's room. This is their bathroom.  This is the kitchen. OH MY GOSH!  I almost forgot!  This is the closet!  That was a close one.  Ok, continuing on..."  She wanted to take the toilet paper into the bathtub with her but I assured her that would end the tour forever.

This is typically what she looks like all the time:


Just a giant blur.  I feel like if she stops I won't even recognize her anymore.  


Also, we just had her one year shots and check up! (Yeah we're running a little late here - someone got hit by a car people, give me a break.) (Yeah that was like a month after I made the appointment late but still.)  She's in the 91st percentile for height, the 73rd for weight, and about the same for her head.  And then they brought in the shots.  I'm not squeamish at all about that stuff.  Like, I'll watch them draw my blood, needle going in and all, and will have no problems with it, but when the nurse brought in the shots for Adeline I almost lost my shit.  I wanted to swipe everything off the counter while screaming, "DON'T TOUCH MY BABY WITH THAT NEEDLE YOU MONSTER!!!!"  Sometimes that mommy-instinct thing kicks in at the weirdest times.  She can put seven little rocks in her mouth and I'm totally cool, but a nurse coming in to do her job and I nearly murder someone.  But I didn't.  I held it together.  And Addie screamed her head off until the nurse showed her a lollipop and then her head exploded with happiness.   She's never had a sucker before, and oh my gosh was she in heaven.




Sticky, sticky, gross, sticky heaven.





And because of the sucker we started brushing her teeth!  Which she loves!




Even if she is drunk while doing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment