Friday, September 21, 2012

Beyond Glad Everything Is Ok

So, I meant to write the other day but then the father of my child got hit by a car while riding his bike.

Yeah.

HIT BY A CAR.

He's ok, everything is fine.  But we're all on a lot of pain meds and we've spent enough time in the ER to last us forever.

Emotions and logic are really weird, because as soon as I saw he was ok and alive I was so mad I could have killed him.  Mad because how dare he scare us and get in a situation where we might not . . . whatever.  You know what I mean.  It may seem illogical to get mad at someone who has just been run over, but you don't have a baby with them.  Talk to me when that happens.  Once you have a baby with someone you're allowed to be mad at them for all kinds of irrational things.  The blankets are one the bed the wrong way.  Socks should not be put away inside out.  And no getting HIT BY CARS.  Love is a tricky emotion people.

Anyway, to lighten the mood this is the video I showed him in the ER.  We watched it many times.


1 comment: