Thursday, March 15, 2012

Easy To Please

If I eat a salad every day for lunch and then follow it up with two Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, does it make the (probably crack-laden) Easter candy less bad for me?

I'm gonna go with - yes.


Speaking of healthy food...


You can't really tell, but that thing in her hand - it's a carrot. And it is making her day.








She really wants to eat when I'm eating and so I handed her a carrot and she's thrilled. She doesn't understand that she's just gnawing on the carrot, she's not really eating anything, she's totally fooled and it's sort of amazingly cute and slightly worrisome. Like when I was a kid and I got those candy cigarettes and I was pretty much convinced I was really smoking and I thought I was AWESOME. Or later when my mom took away my candy cigarettes and so I had to settle for cutting a straw to look like a cigarette, and I would light it on fire a little at a time and suck in burning plastic and I thought I was really smoking that I was AWESOME. Or the time after that when I'd been grounded for fake smoking again and all the straws had been removed from our home so after school one day I took a piece of lined notebook paper, rolled some of our fresh cut lawn into it and actually smoked that and thought I was AWESOME.

Obsess much?

I was heavily influenced by Stephanie Zinone when I was a child.







Anyway, the carrot filled her with such happiness that I couldn't get her to hold still so I could capture said happiness with my phone.


Here she is shaking with glee.


Luckily I'm sneaky and realized I could stun her with my flash into holding still. MAGIC!




Deer in the headlights. Glee contained for four seconds.

Then unleashed on camera.



Never in my life has an appliance been made out with so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment