Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sad Girl Song

Kids are weird.  You'd think they'd prefer to watch Seasame Street over anything else, but let Tula decide between Big Bird and a Jessie J video and she'll always choose the latter.


That's right, this little gem.  #goodparenting






And when my sister and I were little all we wanted to listen to was Susan Vega's, Luka.  Which is essentially a song about abuse.  But we loved it.  We made out dad pop the tape in and we'd sing every word at full-off-key volume.  I have no idea why.  Maybe it's because it was dramatic and we could really get into it and pretend we were feeling it.  I longed for some sort of drama when I was kid.  My parents didn't beat me, no one did drugs or stole things, we weren't even adopted.  So boring.







And then Addie came along and she's the exact same way.  She always picks the sad or mean princess to imitate (which makes me want to throw away every princess movie ever! why can't there be a princess movie where the princess just shares toys and cleans her room?  make that romantic why don't ya!).  We watch a lot more Rio these days.  There are no princesses in Rio.

Anyway, so Addie loved Sinead O'Conner when she was littler and demanded to watch the Nothing Compares to You video every day.  She appropriately dubbed it "The Sad Girl Song".  'Cause Sinead be super sad in that.

I mean look at that beautiful sad face.  She's hard not to watch.








So, to follow suit, the boys absolutely love sad songs.  Especially when sung by their dad.  They can't get enough of him and I can't get enough of those smiling faces.

Seriously.  Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment