Monday, October 6, 2014

Or The Scratchy Side of Velcro Sweater

Do you ever wish you had a sweater made out of pine cones?

No?

Then clearly you have never had a weird pregnancy side effect like excessively itchy skin for no good reason.  Lots of people get itchy bellies because, hello, that stuff is stretching to an inhuman level (also, where do all your insides go?  I mean. . . WHERE DO THEY GO?!  And if they're that movable, how do they not just get all tangled up with each other?  Why isn't my stomach always sorta bonking into my liver and then getting all hugged by my intestines and I mean if a baby can come out how come we're not pooping out a kidney half the time! (Trust me, I understand why in reality, I got an A+ in Anatomy, but still, in my pregnant head it all seems so squishy.  Fifty percent more blood volume?!  WHERE DOES THE BLOOD COME FROM?!) (I know, I know, bone marrow or something, but still - no.) The human body is so fucking weird!  A sperm and an egg make a person that grows inside of another person that then is born through an opening the size of a thumb nail and then proceeds to survive for like more than HALF A YEAR on milk that comes from BOOBS.  I mean. . . that is crazy black magic.  And don't even get me started on space.  Never ending?  But where does it end?! I know it doesn't end, but seriously, I am not smart enough to be ok with that like on a level where I actually understand it.  I mean, I understand it, but still . . . space?!  IT'S SO BIG.) (Sorry, I just got back from the planetarium.)

What was I saying?

Oh, yeah.  So itchy, stretchy skin.  Ok, my belly doesn't get itchy but when I was pregnant with Tula the part on my arm that's on the opposite side of my elbow - what's that, the crook of your arm?  I think it's the crook.




This part.





Well, that part got really itchy when I was pregnant with Tula, like to the point where I would put ice cubes up in there and walking around like I had to hold my shoulders or they'd fall off until they were all melted.

But with the double pregnancy my back is now so itchy last night I dreamed I had a sweater made of pine cones so that I could just wiggle around and scratch myself whenever I wanted.  Oh god I want that sweater so bad.

Other weird side effects this pregnancy:

- having to wear Josh's underwear because women's underwear are so uncomfortable I'm pretty sure they use them in torture rooms

- saying whatever is on my mind because I'm too pregnant to have a filter.  I'm trying really hard to filter, but sometimes when you're ridiculously pregnant you don't stop yourself from telling the girl at Target she has really cute feet.  Cute feet?  I don't even like feet!

- liking feet

- wanting to eat all the pineapple in the world

- treating sores in your mouth for a week and a half because ate all the pineapple in the world

- wanting to pull your sleeping three year old into bed with you at 3am because she's so dang cute when she's sleeping

- not thanking your partner for not letting you pull your three year old into bed with you even though it was totally the right decision

- really fast growing nails



Aside from a lot of uncomfortable things on my body we had lots of fun things this past week!  

One was I'm 24 weeks now!



Here's 23 weeks, because I fogot last week.



And 24 weeks!  The maternity shirts almost don't fit anymore.  Josh's clothes here I come!


Also, we had a lot of family visiting last week!  First my Aunt Mary and Uncle Scott came for a few days, and it was so good to see them!  The day before they came it was like 80 degrees, and then we took them on a hike and it snowed.  Because, this is Montana.  We like snow.



You can't really tell from this but it was really coming down, and about four minutes after I took this there were no more green trees, everything was white.



Fun!
Also, totally got photo bombed by creeping hiker.
Just kidding, that's my uncle.
I hope.



Best hiking buddy ever.



Love her so much!



And her.  And him. 


Hi little peeker!



Then when they left Auntie Amy came into town!  And all three of her nieces and nephews went to go have a sleepover with her!



They all slept in one bed.



Except for Tula, who got banished to the dog cage.






No comments:

Post a Comment