Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's Only A Matter Of Time

So, if you've ever been pregnant you know there comes this terrifying moment, midst all the bliss of course, and by "bliss" I mean peeing my pants when I laugh, when you realize you are going to have to actually push the baby(ies) out of your body.  OUT.  BY PUSHING.

Pushing babies out of a very small opening is going to happen.  And it's gonna happen to you.  If there's no pushing, that's because you're going to have abdominal surgery.  That's it.  Those are your two options.  You can't suddenly decide to be the first person to beam your baby(ies) out of your belly.  Mainly because the government hasn't released that kind of technology yet, and you know they can do it.  I mean, if they can put people on the moon, and out to space stations where they just float around fixing things and then get hit by meteor showers and wind up using a fire extinguisher and the ghost of George Clooney to make it back into Earth's orbit and safely onto some mysterious Asian beaches they can surely beam something!  (Space is so scary!)

And so that's where I am folks.  Terrified that these babies are gonna come out one way or another.  And I should be less scared because I've already done it twice, but I'm not because I've already done it twice.  Mama knows what's about to happen, and it's some serious shit.  But more than that I've done it twice, with one.  Just the one.  If it were one again I'd be all, "Eh, bring it on pansies!" But two.  TWO.

I expressed this concern to Josh and in the middle of me saying, "I mean, I know what it feels like to do one.  The second that baby is out it's the best feeling in the world!  That's it, nothing else hurts or is scary because there's the baby!"

He said, "Well the great news is that you get one out and you get to experience the whole thing all over again just a few minutes later."

And that's when I got all high-pitched Monica and squealed, "I KNOW!" and then threatened to punch him in the face with the ice cream scooper I was holding.







Anyway, in other news my mom knows how much Addie loves Elsa, and how much she values long hair (I'm constantly being asked if mine will get long soon), and so she crocheted this awesome hat/hair thing for her!  It has been so exciting she wears it the second she wakes up until the minute she has to go to bed.  Except in public.  Most of the time.  We can't ruin all the Halloween fun!




Elsa hair!



Naked Elsa!



Tula's also trying out some Halloween stuff.



Pumpkin patch cute!



Addie crushing in one of the hay mazes like the hulk.
(Luckily this one was free of crawling children inside)



You can't really tell but Josh spent about a solid hour scooping up hay and raining it down on our children, our nephew, and any other kids that came within a five foot radius of him.  I'm still finding hay in weird places.





No comments:

Post a Comment