Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Preview

This past weekend Adeline's dad and I went to a Halloween party thing, and got dressed up.  My smartest parenting move thus far was letting her watch us get ready so we didn't scare the ever-loving snot out of her once she saw us all wigged and make-uped and whatnot.

It still did not help a lot in regards to how she felt about her father's wolf costume.





Oh my gosh I wish that picture hadn't gotten cut off, but even still the look on her face - hahahahaha!  So.  Not.  Ok.  With.  Dad.

She gave a very similar look to my friend Beth while we were in Catalina over the summer.  




Hahahaha.  Oh my gosh the joy that picture brings me will never end.  IT WILL NEVER END.



To be all Halloween-y we went to a pumpkin patch where Adeline was not happy with the pumpkin selections.





Shortly after this she pooped so bad the ONE TIME I didn't have any wipes left and I was seconds away from using stray pumpkins to wipe her with before a friend came to my rescue.  Unfortunately, I was still changing her diaper in a pumpkin patch and she ended up with so much hay stuck to her little butt it looked like I was preforming some sort of medieval ritual on her backside.  There was so much hay I found some in my underwear later that night.

The farm boasted a lot about a hay maze, and I was all excited picturing the labyrinth from the movie, The Labyrinth   What?  You haven't seen it?!  This conversation is over until you get a copy of it and watch the magic that is David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.


                              


Unfortunately, this was not a maze with talking muppets.  It looked like this.





A few hay bales for which to trap my daughter with.  She was not happy about it.


When we got home I changed her clothes and sat her on the sink, because I prefer a life of danger.  Also, if I'm brushing my teeth or doing anything that involves the counter girlfriend loses her sh*t until I pick her up and let her dance with trouble five feet off the ground.  So, for the two seconds I couldn't see while I was taking out my contacts my little lady got herself in this here position:






Sink bath!  She got in there and turned the water on herself and has never been happier in her life!  She played in there for like a half an hour. I'm sure it wasted a lot of water, but it was so dang cute I could not bring myself to lecture her on water shortages or mommy and daddy's budget.


Then she had a cuddle sesh with the Dog.  Her new bff.  Well, she's not his bff, but he's hers.  You know how these things work.  She'll wear him down though.  Girlfriend is determined to make him love her.







1 comment: