Monday, April 25, 2011

Sisters

I know it's too early to be thinking about this, but I'd like to have another girl.

Wait, wait - I know what you're thinking, "You haven't even had this one yet Captain ADD. Let's just take it one at a time."

At least that's what the father of my child is thinking. Or, not so much 'thinking' as it is 'saying it out loud anytime I mention the plural, children, and then repeatedly telling me to slow my roll'. Which I understand. I'm getting ahead of myself. But I'm a girl. That's what we do. We think about things we shouldn't, like (not to piss off the years and huge mobs of feminist stuff I have behind me, giving me the right to vote and blah blah blah) on a first date we think "Mrs. Blah Blah. That doesn't sound too bad. I wonder if he'd wear a tux at our wedding or if we'd have a casual beach wedding and he'd wear khaki pants and a loose white shirt so I could see his tan chiseled chest when a waft of saltly sea air gently billowed his shirt open as I walked down the sand aisle with a lily in my hair. Wait, are lilies for weddings or funerals? I don't want to wear a funeral flower to my wedding. I wonder if he even has a chiseled tan chest. I'm gonna have to find out. That will definitely sway whether we get married at St. Lawrence or the Poconos."

"So what are you going to order."

"Lilies."

"What?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I don't see lilies on the menu."

"I didn't say lilies I said . . . quesedilla. Do you like Mexican food."

"Yeah sure."

Wedding apps, taken care of.

Anyway, I was just thinking about girls and the fact that I am one and that my life was made so much better because I had a sister. (I think, maybe it would have rocked with just a brother, but we'll never know.) There's just this amazing, fun, horribly fight-y bond you have with a sister that is unbeatable. Friends are a good substitute, but a friend won't let you borrow her underwear on a daily basis, or call you to tell you how weird your other family members are being, or use the bathroom while you're trying to take a relaxing long shower.

But this little clip is exactly the reason I love sisters. Exactly.


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Pullin' down the pants of the night (tight pants). Does the twin thing skip a generation? Because that's always a possibility, my friend.

    ReplyDelete