Saturday, January 3, 2015

37 Weeks!

THIRTY SEVEN!  That means full term people.  Full term for one baby, let alone twins!

I'm pretty much a machine.  I just hold things in forever.  At this point I feel like I'll always be pregnant.  Like the boys will be teenagers and I'll just be reading math problems to them through my belly and taking my gigantic body to prom and swaying with them next to all the cute kids I think they should be dating.  That won't be weird, or creepy or anything.







37 Weeks!  



Also, turns out I have Strep B which is something they only test you for when you're pregnant, and anyone can have it, and it's a very swabby on your private areas test.  I didn't have it with the girls, but now I have everything.  I have that, I have twins, I have itchy skin, I have a constantly stuffed up nose, I have the most uncomfortable sleeping positions in the world because baby b loves to stick his head right where I'm trying to lay, and then baby a gets the hiccups, and then Josh starts snoring, and then Boris comes to my side to whine for me to help him into bed despite the fact he's perfectly capable of jumping up by himself, then Addie quietly says through the monitor "Mom!  I have to go pee pees in the poooooooottttttttyyyyyy!" and then Tula wakes up and starts yelling for her dolls, "DOWLS.  Night night!" 

And then!  Then I got PUPPPS.  Which is not as cute as it sounds.  It's a pregnancy rash.  Yay!  It's insanely itchy and the good news is it can spread to your arms, legs, back and torso!  AND it takes about a week after having the babies to go away.  Unless you're super lucky and then it stays with you the whole time you're post-partum-ing which is like, FOREVER.

But honestly, I don't really care.  I'll take it all as long as the babies come out healthy and happy!  Really.  I'll stay like this for another month if they need me to.  The less time we all have to spend in the hospital the better.  I would be beyond thrilled if I could hold them right away and take them home with me when I went home!  That's the scariest part for me I think, not being able to hold them right away.  Tula and Addie came right onto my chest before the cord was cut and stayed there for at least the first hour.  Until I was forced to pee by the nurses who kept threatening to catheter me if I didn't pee.  

Oh, but I won't have to wait a month.  I'm scheduled to be induced on the 12th if it hasn't happened by then!  WHAT! 

I can't imagine that will happen, but I guess you never know.  These boys are already mamas boys for sure.  (I LOVE IT)




On a different note, I've been working on a cross stitch thing for their room which I finally finished a few weeks ago!



It's a ship!  And it took FOREVER.  Cross stitch is time consuming yo.




Here's a professional photo of what it'll look like in good lighting and on a frame.
I love everything this girl designs.  




Also, my girls. Because.

2 comments:

  1. They will be here before you know it! You look great by the way. Pregnancy looks good on you! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great I'm so amazed by you! All three of mine are Mama's boys. You look beautiful 🌺 Rhonda

    ReplyDelete