Monday, February 3, 2014

New Digs

So, we switched Addie to a big girl bed!  Finally!  I really didn't want to because the crib acted as a nice little cage for her.  Honestly, if it wouldn't border on child abuse, I probably would have kept her in that thing until she left for college.  Ain't nobody need no teenage girl sneaking out of the house at night!

Unfortunately, Tula's room was still unfinished (8+ months later) because I kept saying, "But the crib is in Addie's room, and where else are we going to put that bed, or that pile of laundry, or that bookcase full of pamphlets, or the Reese's peanut butter egg wrappers I need to hide?"

So we gave Tula the crib, put Addie in a big girl bed and voila!  Nobody's room looks like they're about to be on an episode of hoarders anymore!

I was also worried Addie would decide she could now come and go as she pleases (yes she has locks on her doors, and yes, she can unlock them FROM EITHER SIDE).  But she's been doing really great.  Really, really great.

Here's a typical naptime.




Then while that's all happening this is happening.







Also, Addie has been obsessed with telling me how pretty her hair is.  And then she'll say, "Are you gonna get pretty long hair mom?"

Uh, excuse me?

"You should get pretty hair like Addie?"




I have no idea what you're talking about.



Needless to say the growing out process has been , well, weird.  And I tried.  I tried really hard.  I even let Josh give me several haircuts to avoid a raging mullet, but as it turns out, he is not in fact a hairdresser.  



I call this one "I can't understand why there hasn't been more romance around here".


So I broke down and got a haircut.  From a professional.  Who was not using kitchen scissors.


Better.



Addie even approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment