Monday, January 27, 2014

Chatty Addie

Addie is talking so much right now it's crazy.  When I leave her in the car to run into the post office (for a second!  Just for a second I swear!)(Have you ever tried to get a two kids in and out of a post office in a timely fashion? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.) she'll have full on conversations with my sister on the phone.  Like, they'll still be chatting when I get back.  Which is fine, because I was only gone for a second, Mom!

However her logic and sentence putting-together-ness isn't exactly college level yet.  This morning she sat down in full snow gear I had just dressed her in and started pulling her shoes off.  When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I just need take my shoes off because I'm thirsty."

"You need to take your shoes off because you're thirsty?"

"Yeah, just a little bit.  And then I go to the mall."

She always has big plans.  And apparently can't drink if her feet are enclosed.

Then the other day when Josh was getting dressed Addie walked into the closet and said, "Hey, Dad?"

"Yeah honey buns?"

"You, you, you putting on your big girls pants?"

Because she stutters when she's trying to get it out.  Sometimes she stutters so long you think you should interrupt her, or fill in the blank for her, but you don't, because you know she really wants to get it.  And she really, really does.  She has all of these big huge thoughts rolling around in her tiny precious little head, and it is so heartbreakingly adorable to wait while she stutters through her gigantic flow of ideas because really if you think about it, she's only been talking for like a year.  A year is so little time to get so much information in there and then out again, and she so badly wants you to know what she's thinking and what she knows.  And it is SHOCKING what she remembers sometimes.  Like, things we don't even teach her, she just knows.  All of her friends, she can name their moms.  I never taught her that.  She'll all of sudden start reciting books from memory, books I've never heard her read along with she'll just start saying, "My heart is like a zoo..." and bam! Now I have to try to explain what a yak is.

My point is, girlfriend is so fun right now.  And I can't swear anymore because she said, "Fuck this!" as loud as she could at a jar of mayonnaise in Target the other day, so that wasn't good.  Also, I apparently got really mad at the mayo one day, which doesn't surprise me.  Stupid mayo.




Tula is so in love with Addie she's overjoyed to be anywhere near her.



And sometimes Addie loves her too.  Just enough to not drown her.



No comments:

Post a Comment