Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tunnel Hiking

The great thing about living in Bozeman is that you have (most) comforts of a city (one Starbucks, one movie theater, 70 billion steak restaurants, a hospital, Justin Timberlake's house, Michael Keaton's house, Jeff Bridges' house, and one of the best Targets in the whole United States. My sister, who lives within a five mile radius of five different Targets in LA, prefers to shop at the Bozeman Target because they have better clothes, and there are never any lines. *sigh* I love Target.)

What was I saying?

Oh, yeah.  So, you get the semi-comforts of a city and the joys of nature right outside your door.  There are so many trails in Bozeman that I've lived here over three years and haven't even tried half of them, all of which are either right outside our door, or a short ten minute drive away.  Lately we've been taking the little ladies on a hike on the weekend, and not only is it beautiful, but it just reminds me of how lucky we are to live here.

When I was a kid we went on a trip to Ireland and we wasted an entire roll of film on some cows that were crossing the road.  Because ohmygawd, COWS! In the road! What kind of old fashioned magic is this!?

But to Addie this is a normal thing.  The other day I was driving to Target (where else?) and she said, "Addie see cows Mommy?"

"You want to see cows?"

"Yeah. And horseys!"

"Horseys?"

"Please Mommy! Horseys! Moooo!"

And because I can't deny my daughter when she's excitedly screaming that horseys say moo, I made a left and bam! I was able to produce horseys AND cows.  And a deer.  I mean - c'mon.  Fuck yeah for nature showing up.

And then we were at Target five minutes later.

Now if only I could talk my entire family into moving here it'd be perfect.

The other day we literally rolled out of bed and took the girls on a little hike walk thing.  Here's proof we literally rolled out of bed.  Tula is still in her pjs, and I'm apparently sleep-hiking.



Me: Durrrrr.
Tula: What the hell is going on?



There was a tunnel on our walk.  Addie ran through it about twenty times she was so excited. Kids are so easy.  Who needs Disneyland when you have a graffiti-covered, probable nighttime drug den of a tunnel?!


Stopping to admire the drawings. "What's that mom?"
"That's a bad word."
"Addie likes that one."
"Of course you do."



Running. Girlfriend likes to book it.



HORSEYS! MOOOOOOOO.



I mean, seriously? Shut up you two.  There's too much cute for me to handle right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment