Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Catching Up

Well, I am not in any position to be writing anything right now after spending two looooooooong days in a car with four kids, then one week living in one room with all six of us, and a second week living in two bedrooms on an island where my kids refused to sleep, and then topped it off with another two loooooooooong days in a car where everyone hated the car and hated us for putting them in the car; so I'm not going to.

My brain is fried ya'll.

But it was so worth it!

My sister and Elspeth got married!


So beautiful. 
I can't even.



This is Addie's pose.  She's trying to show off her sparkly eye shadow, lip gloss and nails all at once.  It comes across very, very scarily gorgeous.



We went to Catalina the day after the wedding, because why not throw four kids on a boat for an hour across the Pacific to a place where you can wake the whole town with their screaming even with the windows closed?
Tula thoroughly enjoyed herself.  
We learned a few things about her on this trip.  Mainly that she is a force of nature.  And that it basically takes a village to make sure she doesn't escape/break something/break someone/eat posion.



Josh and I got our first alone time since the babies were born!  We chose to spend it hiking topless.  I put my shirt back on for the photo.  Josh is not so modest.  



My sister Rhonda, got the boys these TOTALLY adorable hats.  I mean, they could probably win the PGA just from cuteness alone.



Luke giving his sexy eyes. 


Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!
Never in my life have I wanted to murder something with my love as much as I want to smother these two because I love them so much.



.
Maddie, Addie, Tula, Penelope, Leah, Mikaela, Madelyn, Hailey.
Avalon Generation 2.0




Tomorrow I will FINALLY finish the birth story!  Henry needs his story out there too.  It was the most dramatic of the four that's for sure.  People I don't even know have come up to me in the grocery store and been like, "I was there for that.  That was. . . I've never seen anything like it." and then walked away.  And all I can think is, "Oh great.  Another stranger who knows what my vagina looks like."

Then, the wedding and road trip saga!  So much fun and tests of our will to survive.  Did I mention four days in the car with four kids under four?







1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I got to be a part of this trip! You never looked anything but completely calm and collected when I saw you. Except for that moment I noticed you got mad at Josh for a second. But that was it. If you'd seen me around my TWO kids for that amount of time, you'd have definitely seen me cry. And scream at them. Probably at the same time.

    ReplyDelete